Rooted in the values of peace and social justice, BCA Study Abroad promotes international understanding, awareness of global citizenship, and academic scholarship through educational exchanges.
Now accepting applications for the following position in our central office, located in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
Title: Admissions Counselor
Contact email: hr@BCAstudyabroad.org
The Admissions Counselor is BCA’s front-line person
responsible for sustained contact with students regarding BCA outreach, application,
and enrollment, visas, transcripts, and basic program information. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, duties
of this position include the following:
- Respond to and reach out
to students regarding basic aspects of BCA programs and the application
process using social media and traditional methods.
- Communicate with students
to assist and encourage them to complete application materials and other
student documents, including references, transcripts, health certificates,
housing forms, host university applications, and visa materials.
- Work with students to
ensure appropriate and timely enrollment.
- Ensure that communication,
information and materials flow smoothly between students, students’ home
campuses, the BCA Study Abroad home office and program sites abroad.
- Create and update internal
reports as requested, including rosters, and other logistical information.
- Assist students in
obtaining visas (when required) and update on-line resources regarding
visas as necessary.
- Undertake, as assigned by
supervisor, outreach and marketing tasks, including working with student
employees on call/email reminders to students in an effort to convert
applications to enrollments.
- Represent BCA at selected study
abroad fairs at US campuses to promote BCA programs and to increase
- Post relevant information
and create campaigns to encourage prospective student interaction with
BCA’s social media outlets.
- Communicate with travel
agents, resident directors and students to ensure accurate logistics for
program arrival and departure travel.
- Other duties as assigned
in our efforts to enhance enrollments and BCA’s reputation as a responsive
and responsible international education organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience studying abroad
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High degree of flexibility
- Social Media marketing skills
also be able to work independently in a small office environment while
maintaining a high level of accuracy, with attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have valid driver’s license and have the ability to travel, including evenings and overnights
- Experience with college admissions, marketing and recruitment
- Strong computer skills including experience with the Terra Dotta software system.
Qualified candidates please email a resume, cover letter and three references to hr@BCAstudyabroad.org.
Please write "Admissions Counselor" in the
BCA Study Abroad is
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.