Rooted in the values of peace and justice, BCA Study Abroad promotes international understanding, awareness of global citizenship, and academic scholarship through educational exchanges.
The following position is open in the central office, located in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
Title: Assistant Director for Short-term Programs & Outreach
Posted: December 17, 2014
Location: Elizabethtown, Pennsyvlania
Contact email: hr@BCAstudyabroad.org
collaboration with the BCA Director of Academic Affairs, the Assistant
Director (AD) will develop and implement short-term programs, to include
customized, faculty-led programs, as well as short-term programs
created for and run by BCA Study Abroad. The AD is responsible for
maintaining relationships with faculty and staff at U.S. colleges and
universities and supporting BCA Study Abroad in the marketing and
recruitment of the short term programs. In addition, the AD will assist
the Director of Marketing in developing the strategic direction of
marketing short term programs and manage marketing related projects for
BCA Study Abroad.
The duties of this position include the following:
- Collaborate with sending school faculty and staff to develop, implement
and manage high quality, short-term study abroad programs.
- Create customized short-term program proposals that include all
logistics, budgets, and health & safety concerns, contracts,
implementation and evaluations.
- Coordinate and implement pre-departure and post program services in coordination with BCA international staff.
- Maintain and facilitate the update of all marketing/outreach materials
related to short term programs, including program brochures, website,
external database listings and other promotional materials as needed.
- Develop new BCA short term program proposals and assess current programs.
- Assist BCA’s Director of Marketing in the development of marketing
plans to promote short term programs including promotional campaigns,
research, correspondence and coordinating campus visits.
- Create and manage tracking system of all programs and policies.
- Facilitate information sharing between sending schools and BCA international staff.
- Represent BCA Study Abroad at conferences and campus visits.
- Other duties as assigned in our efforts to enhance enrollments and
BCA’s reputation as a responsive and responsible international education
- Master’s Degree
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the field of education abroad
- Experience living, working, or studying abroad
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High degree of flexibility
- Marketing skills including experience in electronic and print media
also be able to work independently in a small office environment while
maintaining a high level of accuracy, with attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have valid driver’s license and have the ability to travel, including evenings and overnights
- An understanding of the Adobe Design suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Significant experience with marketing and recruitment
- Strong computer skills including various software systems
Qualified candidates please email a resume, cover letter and three references to hr@BCAstudyabroad.org. Please write "Assistant Director for Short-term Programs" in the subject line. We will begin reviewing applications starting January 9, 2015.
BCA Study Abroad is
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.