Rooted in the values of peace and social justice, BCA Study Abroad promotes international understanding, awareness of global citizenship, and academic scholarship through educational exchanges.
Assistant Director of Health and Safety and Program Services
BCA Study Abroad is seeking a motivated,
customer-service and detail-oriented person to join our program staff at BCA’s
central office in Elizabethtown, PA, in the newly created position of Assistant
Director of Health and Safety and Program Services. This position reports to
the Director of Academic Affairs and is the key officer for health and safety
issues. In addition to coordinating BCA’s
health and safety policies and procedures, the Assistant Director is
responsible for providing accepted students with pre-semester advising and
pre-departure orientations, as well as assisting with the placements of
international students as part of our mission to provide academic opportunities
for international students who are enrolled at our host universities.
The duties of this position include the following:
- Review and update BCA health, safety and crisis
protocols on a regular basis.
- Coordinate response to all health and safety
incidents including communication with stakeholders and the recording of
incident reports and actions taken.
- Coordinate BCA’s response to crises and collaborate
with the BCA’s emergency travel assistance company, the Director of Academic
Affairs and BCA Executive Director in shaping and implementing BCA’s emergency/crisis
- Communicate BCA’s health and safety protocols to
students, their families, sending school administrators and academic advisors.
- Interface with all governmental agencies –
Department of Homeland Security, Department of Justice and Department of
- Produce reports using relevant databases and
analytics reflecting BCA performance and making comparisons with industry
standards and leaders.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in
international education, including immigration legislation, interpretation and
practice, and recruitment trends through Open Doors.
- Be fully up-to-date on developments in the countries
and regions where BCA programs are located; develop relationships with
appropriate consulates and embassies.
- Provide pre-semester advising for semester
program students, both academic and logistical, including pre-departure
orientations and review of materials.
- Make final decisions on student acceptance into
BCA semester programs.
Maintain contact with student participants to
resolve questions and respond to concerns.
- Work with resident directors to resolve issues
of student and home campus concern.
- Coordinate incoming exchange student
applications and other logistics, including visa information & advice;
arrange placement of exchange students; act as the Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO);
be up-to-date on all aspects of J-1 visa requirements and regulations; and
maintain the SEVIS system for BCA and its students.
- Represent BCA at selected conferences and in
visits to partner universities and colleges.
- Other duties as assigned by the BCA Director of
- Master’s Degree
3-5 years of professional experience in the
field of education abroad
- Experience in crisis management and health and
safety policies and procedures
- Experience of living, working or studying abroad
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
High level of flexibility, proven attention to
detail, ability to work independently and collaboratively, strong
- Strong computer skills including various
database systems; strong social science research skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel,
including evenings and overnights
Experience with the SEVIS system as RO, ARO, DSO
Experience in marketing and recruitment
- Working knowledge of Terra Dotta application
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of introduction, a resume,
and the names of three current
BCA Study Abroad
50 Alpha Drive
Elizabethtown, PA 17022
The position is open until filled.
BCA is an
Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.