Rooted in the values of peace and justice, BCA Study Abroad promotes international understanding, awareness of global citizenship, and academic scholarship through educational exchanges.
Chief Financial Officer
BCA Study Abroad, a nonprofit, study abroad organization headquartered in Elizabethtown, PA, is seeking applications for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO directs all of the organization’s financial and accounting operations. The duties of the CFO include:
- Oversee the organization’s accounting, budget, audit, tax, cash management, investments and risk management.
- Provide oversight, or hands-on management as needed, for payroll operations, HR benefits administration, IT operations, general ledger, accounts payable accounts receivable and collections.
- Manage the purchase of international currencies and the payment of overseas expenses.
- Manage financial reporting and present financial data to the Board of Directors.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial functions.
- Implement appropriate internal controls and business policies to ensure the stewardship of the organization’s assets and maximize operating efficiency.
- Manage budgeting and financial planning for the organization and provide relevant financial analysis and data for management and the Board of Directors.
- Review and approve institutional agreements, service and vendor contracts.
- Provide financial support to and ensure fiscal alignment of the organization’s strategic planning and new program initiatives.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business and a minimum of three years’ experience in finance and administration; an MBA or CPA is preferred. A strong understanding of computer-based accounting systems and expert proficiency with Microsoft Office is required. Strong interpersonal communication skills, excellent analytical and problem solving skills, an ability to handle multiple priorities, an ability to work as a collaborative team member and a commitment to the organization’s mission are all required. Experience in administration of human resources and IT systems and an understanding of international business operations is desired.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of introduction, resume, and the contact information of three current references to hr@BCAstudyabroad.org.
BCA Study Abroad is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered for future positions, you may submit a resume to: hr@BCAstudyabroad.org or send to the mailing address below.
BCA Study Abroad: Human Resources
50 Alpha Drive
Elizabethtown, PA 17022