Online System Instructions
Thank you for partnering with BCA Study Abroad to use our online application system. We've designed this system with your needs in mind and hope that you find it to be a helpful tool. If you have any trouble with the system or questions about the process, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-222-6188 or e-mail inquiry@BCAstudyabroad.org
- Go to www.BCAStudyAbroad.org/apply
- On the right side of the screen, log in using your e-mail address.
- When you are logged in, go to “Edit my account” at the top of your screen to choose a secure password that you can remember.
- Do not try to create your own account – this has already been done for you by a BCA administrator to ensure the security of the system and the information it contains.
- If you have logged in previously and reset your password, but have forgotten your password, please e-mail inquiry@BCAstudyabroad.org to have your password reset.
- The “Forgot Password” link is for student accounts only and will not work for advisor accounts.
Approving a student’s application
- When a student has a completed application ready for your review and approval/sign-off, you will receive an e-mail with the subject line “Application #000 is ready for Approval” from sender “BCA Abroad” at applications@BCAStudyAbroad.org.
- At that time, log into your advisor account.
- When you are logged in, click “Search” on the right side of the screen. This will generate a list of all of the students who have applications in progress from your school.
- Or you can enter the application number into the search area to return just that one application.
- When you see the application that is ready for approval, click the application number to view that specific application.
- If you would like to review the essays, references and other information that the student filled out, simply click on the various sections of the application.
- References and transcripts can be viewed as a PDF by entering the section and clicking on “Download this file.”
- At the bottom of the application overview screen, you will see buttons that say “Approve” and “Reject.” Choose the appropriate one.
- A box will appear that allows you to make a comment about your decision for the program staff at BCA to see. The student will not be able to view this comment.
E-mails you will receive
- When a student creates a new application. Subject: BCA: Application #000 has been created for Student’s Name. From: BCA Study Abroad at applications@BCAStudyAbroad.org
- When an application is ready for your approval. Subject: BCA: Application #000 is ready for approval. From: BCA Study Abroad at applications@BCAStudyAbroad.org
- When an application has been approved by the BCA Program Manager for enrollment in the program. Subject: BCA: Application #000 has been approved. From: BCA Study Abroad at applications@BCAStudyAbroad.org
- If the log-in instructions above do not work, e-mail inquiry@BCAstudyabroad.org to verify that your e-mail address is correct and/or to have your password reset.
- The log-in information is case-sensitive.
- Because our system e-mails are generated automatically by a database system, they sometimes are caught in people’s spam filters. Please be sure that e-mails from domains BCAabroad.org and etown.edu are permitted for your inbox--or check your spam box frequently.
- If you have any trouble with the system or questions about the process, please do not hesitate to call Joanna Eros at 1-866-222-6188.